Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
Maternal America Women's Maternity Boarder Print Mini Front Tie Dress
96% Polyester/4% Spandex
Dry Clean Only
Fun dress accentuates the growing belly with a front tie belt
Soft gathers at the shoulders add a flirty style
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Buy from Amazon.com:
Eligible for Free Returns on qualified Clothing, Shoes, Jewelry, Watches, Luggage, Accessories, and Sunglasses fulfilled by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Eligible for Clothing Subscription Discounts when sold by Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Maternal America Women's Belly Support Leggings
96% Cotton/4% Spandex
Features an under the belly waistband for added support for back and belly
Stretch cotton construction provides all day comfort
Made in USA
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Maternity and Women's Health Care, 10e [Hardcover]
Publication Date: February 23, 2011 | ISBN-10: 0323074294 | ISBN-13: 978-0323074292 | Edition: 10With comprehensive coverage of maternal, newborn, and women's health nursing, Maternity & Women's Health Care, 10th Edition provides evidence-based coverage of everything you need to know about caring for women of childbearing age. It's the #1 maternity book in the market -- and now respected authors Dr. Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, Dr, Shannon E. Perry, Kitty Cashion, and Kathryn R. Alden have improved readability and provided a more focused approach! Not only does this text emphasize childbearing issues and concerns, including care of the newborn, it addresses wellness promotion and management of common women's health problems. In describing the continuum of care, it integrates the importance of understanding family, culture, and community-based care. New to this edition is the most current information on care of the late preterm infant and the 2008 updated fetal monitoring standards from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
- A logical organization builds understanding by presenting wellness content first, then complications.
- Critical Reasoning exercises offer real-life situations in which you can develop analytical skills and apply their knowledge.
- Teaching for Self-Management boxes offer a guide to communicating follow-up care to patients and their families.
- Signs of Potential Complications boxes help you recognize the signs and symptoms of complications and provide immediate interventions.
- Procedure boxes offer easy-to-use, step-by-step instructions for maternity skills and procedures.
- Emergency boxes may be used for quick reference in critical situations.
- Medication Guide boxes provide an important reference for common drugs and their interactions.
- Cultural Considerations boxes stress the importance of considering the beliefs and health practices of patients from various cultures when providing care.
- Family content emphasizes the importance of including family in the continuum of care.
- Nursing Care Plans include specific guidelines and rationales for interventions for delivering effective nursing care.
- Community Activity exercises introduce activities and nursing care in a variety of local settings.
- Student resources on the companion Evolve website include assessment and childbirth videos, animations, case studies, critical thinking exercises with answers, nursing skills, anatomy reviews, a care plan constructor, review questions, an audio glossary, and more.
- Content updates provide the most current practice guidelines, including expanded information on the late preterm infant and fetal heart rate pattern identification.
- New content on obesity provides the latest information on this increasingly common condition.
- Safety Alerts help in developing competencies related to safe nursing practice in conjunction with the QSEN initiative on quality and safety in nursing care.
- Updated Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight current research to improve patient outcomes.
- Updated NICHD fetal monitoring standards provide guidelines reflecting current practice, as recommended by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
- Video clips on the companion Evolve website reinforce key skills performed in the maternity setting.
- Audio Key Points on Evolve make it easy to review core content while on the go.
- Streamlined nursing process information is summarized in boxes, making it easier to identify information on major diseases and conditions.
Introduction to Maternity & Pediatric Nursing, 6e [Paperback]
Publication Date: September 29, 2010 | ISBN-10: 1437708242 |Part of the popular LPN Threads series, Introduction to Maternity & Pediatric Nursing provides a solid foundation in obstetrics and pediatric nursing. An easy-to-follow organization by developmental stages, discussion of disorders by body system from simple-to-complex and health-to-illness, and a focus on family health make it a complete guide to caring for maternity and pediatric patients. Written in a clear, concise style by Gloria Leifer, MA, RN, this edition reflects the current NCLEX® test plan with additional material on safety, health promotion, nutrition, and related psychosocial care.
ISBN-13: 978-1437708240 |
ISBN-13: 978-1437708240 |
- Cultural Considerations boxes and a Cultural Assessment Data Collection Tool help in developing individualized plans of care.
- Updated health promotion content includes Health Promotion boxes focusing on preventive strategies for achieving prenatal wellness, health during pregnancy, postnatal health, and pediatric illness prevention and wellness -- including the complete immunization schedules for all ages.
- Nursing Tips provide information applying to the clinical setting.
- Objectives are listed in each chapter opener.
- Key terms include phonetic pronunciations and text page references at the beginning of each chapter.
- Nursing Care Plans with critical thinking questions help you understand how a care plan is developed, how to evaluate care of a patient, and how to apply critical thinking skills.
- A companion Evolve website includes animations, videos, answers to review questions and answer guidelines for critical thinking questions, an English/Spanish audio glossary, critical thinking case studies, and additional review questions for the NCLEX examination.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX®Examination! sections at the end of each chapter help you prepare for classroom tests and the NCLEX examination.
- Increased focus on safety helps you prepare for safe nursing practice, with:
- Safety Alert! boxes based on The Joint Commission's 2009/2010 National Patient Safety Goals
- Medication Safety Alert! boxes highlighting serious and potentially fatal medication errors in infants and children
- New information on determining pediatric dosages and a discussion of the Pedislide system
- New skills include step-by-step instructions for:
- Bathing the Newborn
- Assessing the Length and Height of Infants and Children
- Calculating BMI
- Removal of a Peripheral Intravenous Catheter
- Using the Peak Flowmeter
- Using a Metered-Dose Inhaler
- Updated, vibrant full-color design highlights key information and enhances your understanding of important concepts.
- Updated nutrition content compares commercially available infant formulas and discusses organic, natural, and dietetic foods.
- Nutrition Considerations boxes cover prenatal care, nutritional issues during infancy, and the crisis in childhood obesity.
- Memory Jogger boxes help you remember important material with mnemonics, tips, and tricks.
- An updated glossary is available in the textbook, as well as on the companion Evolve website.